Sunday, February 25, 2007

Crazy ass shit

My moms cousin is in town visiting and I went over tonight for dinner. She is a Uber christian and I can definitely tell when she talks about most things. She lives down in Cortez Colorado right now, and works at a homeless shelter. She says that most of the town is Native American, so a lot of the people that come in are Navajo and Ute. Anyway, she starts talking about how when they come in they are all drunk and violent, and apparently hate each other, but there is this herb that they burn that calms everyone down and they all just sit and eat and there are no shenanigans. Then she brings out this box that she got for her kids to help with headaches and pains. We start going through it and there is like sage, sweet grass, tree barks, and this mushroom stuff. She says that if you take the mushrooms and burn them and inhale the smoke it is supposed to cure headaches. Now I know that there are remedies and shit that is natural, but seriously, a mushroom. I am trying really hard not to laugh... but then she says oh ya they get it from Canada. Now I am really thinking ok dehydrated mushrooms from Canada.... ok... well what do I know but shit come on. Just sounds like she is hitting the shrooms herself to me. Anyway that's my story and I did laugh later, just thinking of her getting herbs and shrooms was hilarious.

No comments: