Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cartoons

I watch a lot of cartoons. We all know why. There are very few that I can actually get into because of obvious reasons. There are currently 2 that are it for me. Avatar, and Martin Mystery. Avatar is just fun to watch, love the story line. Martin Mystery however does something else for me. It seems that whoever wrote it definitely wants it to feel like a comic book turned Japanese cute. They have the typical start off that has a comic book feel, with a main page. In the show there are scenes where he and his sister turn into little cartoon versions of themselves which is the cutesy aspect. Now what makes this cool is I think it has a very H.P. Lovecraft influence acting on it. The shows are always titled things like "Monster from the Deep," or, "It Came From Beyond." There seems to be a very scary monster involved in all cases and it is up to the detectives to solve the case and catch the monster. They do throw some alien things in there, but for the most part it is just creepy monster shit. I love it. I watch it every time it is on. I know Johnny probably should not watch it, but he loves it when it comes on so eh, whatever. Just thought I would share that with you all, Martin Mystery, man of terror in the minds of little budding Cthulhu fanatics YAY!

No comments: